which will be Europe’s largest dedicated biomedical research building, and will be located behind the British Library adjacent to the Somers Town estate
Camden worked closely with the Institute to secure a package of benefits for the local community.
- £1.7 million to improve local council housing through Camden's Better Homes (repairs) programme;
- £3.8 million towards a new district energy centre to supply cheaper heat and power to local homes.
- £360,000 community Policing resource contribution
- £450,000 public realm contribution
- A new community Living Centre and £180,000 towards management of centre.
- Apprenticeships, training for Camden residents and a local business support strategy.
The Institute is currently under construction and is scheduled to open in 2015.